Jamaica - Cuba - Costa Rica


Translate

Wednesday 16 March 2016

What a day!

I had to catch a plane early in the morning, so i got up at 05.00 but guess what my bathroom door was closed hermatically and whatever i tried it would not open. So i put a nightdress on and went downstairs for help. The kitchenlady tried to help and then called a man out of his bed. Yes ... exactly 5 minutes before my breakfast the door opened. He he.

The 40 minute drive to loja airport was asthonishing. Wow. The driver told me that it is often 30C near the airport.




An almost empty plane flew up out of the valley and brought me to Quito. At some point I really was not sure if we would go over the mountain tops surrounding the valley.




Then a kind of uber taxi drive me for 15 dollar to terminal terreste Norte
... because the bus did not go there or you had to take 2 busses to come there.  From there I took a 2 hour bus to Otavalo. Here you get to see really cultural costumes.
From Otavalo bus station I had to walk back to a bid for the bus to Cotacatchi. Here I stay with an indigenous family of the Loma Wasi tribe. My room is incredible big and nice. With a big beautiful bathroom.


Some friends of the family  visited this afternoon. A baby on the mother of 19 years old back. Guess what they bought and catched 2 pigs.






Above making of rice milk. First  she kverned it, then washed the broken rice  folowed by many times seaving the rice. The rice melk is used to make a big pot of soup for lunch.

The house is 3 km from town,or a 3 to 6 dollar taxi ride. Three is the normal price.
Wow what a day..... and right now I have 2 fleece on and feel my hands turning blue while it was 28C during the day. And it is only 18.00 right now. Will the temp go down tonight to 8C? Possibly, I am high up in the Andes mountains.... at 2.500m. But because of regularly rain and the climate here there are trees everywhere and higher.


---
Next day. I  learned it only becomes really cold after it has rained otherwise the coldest can be 13C.... at night.

I have Been on a walk in the area. How fantastic the landscape is and the people who live here I tell and show you in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment