Jamaica - Cuba - Costa Rica


Translate

Friday 2 January 2015

I did it! mulu park impression

Dec. 31, 2014

5 years ago after I became ill I  could barely walk 10 minutes. The last years i always took care never to have to walk more then 3 km. Today I managed 8 km of which the last 3.5 km in 40 minutes, through an almost dark jungle with more and more noise around me. Wow I am proud of myself.  Off course this is when my body temperature is normal, so in a warm climate. But it taste for more, 2015 yr goal 10 to 12 km:-)

P.S. i forgot, in the evening I walked several more kilometers that day. Wow, maybe I really have to move to a warm climate.

 foto millions of bats flying out of the deer cave.



January 2, 2015

Gunu mulu national park

I give it a 5 out of 10. Will not go there again. Except the bats flying out in the evening not seen any animal. But when you're in a wheelchair this is the place to be. You will be able to roll for many kilometers. The only places you won't come is in the caves and the towers, rest all wheelchair accessible.
but 1 ltr water bottles sold out, forcing you to buy 3 small ones instead.
Because I 31 Dec and January 1 many guided tours not possible. All evenings, including new years eve, the park cafe closed from 21.00.

Did I mention earlier that when I arrived at the park there was a flood and after hours of waiting i was brought to my bed by boat? The water was almost 2 meters high.

 wild ginger

But the Hong Kong guys staying in the homestay a few minutes before the airport knew we had to go there. So exactly 24.00 we arrived, fireworks around us, a welcoming meal and Christmas cookies, huge loudspeakers and the female half Iban homestay owner inviting everyone to dance.

Today the airport bus to the airport was there except the driver so we had to walk to the airport. Luckily it was only a 15 minutes walk and Hong Kong Peter from the Netherlands carried my big backpack. Thank you Peter I wish there were more man like you.


No comments:

Post a Comment