Jamaica - Cuba - Costa Rica


Translate

Thursday 21 January 2016

Snorkeling at Ko kut, Mata guesthouse

No bicycles for rent as the website promised, so walking everywhere. Six kilometres a day, good for my body.  Just 25 minutes to the nice main beach, 20 minutes to lots of restaurants, 35 minutes to S beach.

S beach had a beautiful beach A N D offers good snorkeling. Just pass the island on the right side, follow the edge of the reef, pass the island, snorkel on the back side above the plateau and you will see lots of fish, big blue green ones, to schools of thousands white fish with a yellow dot. The further I swam, the more coral I discovered .... rests if what was not ruined by the boats before. So much better then I expected when I heard there were only sand beaches around.







Beautiful beaches but with lots of sandflies I am allergic for since 2 months. So I bought extra deet50 at the pharmacy in Trat, as well as some cream sisalic to help the itching afterwards.

Everywhere I travel alone I meet people. On KO kut I spend the first days with dola Melitta from the USA, followed by days with interesting discussions with Nigel from Vancouver island Canada. With both I went walking, 30 minutes uphill, to the nearby waterfall. So nice this place is. The water a bit cold  at first, soon delightfully refreshing. And those nibbling fish:-), eating dead skin of my feet :-) a cosy free fish spa :-)





The waterfall is maybe not the highest, but has a fabulous pond just below. Totally round, covered in green trees, a holy rock , quet relaxing, especially if you are so lucky as me the second time visiting without hords of noisy Russians also visiting. Having swam in this waterfall I did not needed to see the two bigger ones.

Mata guesthouse is on a very quiet location. My cabin was the last one, over the bridge again, on the right side. Beside a river with jungle view. My first night I was plagued by extremely nousy drinking Russians. They always seem only to think about themselves, not bothering about sleeping neighbours. At 01.10 I asked once more if they could keep quiet. Finally they did, but the next day I felt broken because lack of sleep. Luckily the nearest Russians checked out the next day, and normal behaving people became my neighbors.. my savings a fan, 3 windows with good closing allumin netting, but a nylon thin mattress. Nice bathroom, cold water only, 20 dollar. Mata only serves breakfast, but you can eat dinner at one of the PD restaurants next door. You can rent a cheaper motor bike there too. There are some shops there too.









Mata has no sit on top kayaks as advertised, but it has a small rowboat with 1 paddle you can use for free. Television is only Thai. Wi-Fi only at he reception, but sometimes also at the restaurant. Pra the owner is very chearfull and helpfully. She speaks good English. Very clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment