Jamaica - Cuba - Costa Rica


Translate

Thursday 30 April 2015

Floating bridge in Willemstad

All cars cross the water between the two centerparts by highway over the new bridge. Scooters, the place where I rented my scooter said I was allowed to cross there too. But no way, I don't want to die up there. I found out I also can cross the water by using the floating bridge, on 30 pontoons, for people on foot. So that what I planned to do yesterday, but then the bridge ... was gone, it was open. Enfin, more then one hours later I could cross, after a huge containership had passed.





Looking from Punda, the east side. To Otrabanda on the west side. The bridge is floating. Along the other side. Do you see it?




Today I crossed this bridge again, twice. On my way back home it closed just a second before me. This time 30 minutes waiting gave me time to have some conversation and making some more pictures, this time with the floating part of the bridge on my side.

From the other side I took the buss from Otrabandas bus station , bus 3c, to the famous beach Kleine Knip on the west side of Curacao. Christal clear water, not too many people, just beautiful, only 10 minutes walking from the bus stop. 
My official plan was Grote Knip, 30 minutes walking but a Curacao native woman warned me not to walk there alone, because it was dangerous and I could be raped there, because they rape every type of woman, not only the young or beautiful. So change of plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment