Jamaica - Cuba - Costa Rica


Translate

Monday 27 April 2015

Curaçao, Dutch Caribbean

Expensive,  incredibly expensive it is here.  Four toiletpaperrolls for 6 Antillesean guilders 75 cents, which is more then 3 euros. One red pepper, paprika, 4 gilders, half a bread 3,40. But cheap are things like big papaya, 2,60. A pils at a pub will cost you from 6 or 8 gilders up.
Are you traveling on the cheap, count on 100 euros a day for apartment, scooter and supermarket. Airco use will be charged on top.


As I already wrote on my FB page, for most beaches you have to pay entrance, 6 gilders. But often that beach is covered everywhere with beach chairs, making you to rent one of them. Prices from 5 to 41 gilder a bed.
But the fish is there the minute you enter the water. So far only seen dead coral at Caracas bay, where all the locals hang out saturdays.  Tip, drive further until the end, swing right and down. Here you will almost be alone on the beach, but no tables or foodstall here.


I am staying east side of the city. Lots of traffic, they all seem to want to drive very fast. Many 2x2 driving field roads. Can you imagine me sitting on my scooter with sweaty hands? Yes, partly of the warmth.

Today's temperature was 26 at night and 32 C during the day. This feels like 30 to 40C in temperature.
 Above you see the mostly dead tree which should shade my balcony. The tree has only 2 grains left alive. Somebody who knows which kind of tree this is? Anyway, no shade for me to sit in. Both my balconies have Sun almost all day. A parasol would be nice to have here. 


Went on a photowalk in the old center today. Many restaured colourful houses to see. On my way back I finally managed to explore one small part of town, hilly Janwe with many big gated houses. 

There are ATMs here which do Not take Visa card, but they do process Master and Cirrus. All shops take Visa.



No comments:

Post a Comment