Jamaica - Cuba - Costa Rica


Translate

Friday 19 December 2014

Longhouse near Kapit


When you can not buy a ticket to enter, you have to buy some of the things the make, the IBAN tribe people I visited today living in longouses. Impressive meeting. Luckily some of the small girls could speak some English. Was several hours in the old wooden lighthouses, watched them swim in the river and had a quick look in the public area of the new concrete longhouse which looks like a Dutch row of houses with a roof over the street in front, only this street had tiles.

Picture from Damai beach walk to a nearby village with low tide. The evening before I was in boat spotting for crocodiles in these wetlands, so you can imagine that I was afraid one would come inning out of the bushes.


I bought this thing which they wear on top of a party dress during rituals.  It is made of kralen", so quiet heavy. I think I will maKe a lamp of it. The woman told she worked 1 month to make it in the evenings.


Poisonous viper snake above the terrace of nanga damai.

At the river the girls saw me beeing Eaten by mosquitos, although I more saw those tiny things w have in Norway. But I have to take care not getting dengue fever from biting mosquitoes during the day. They also meant I was eaten by mosquitoes before, so then it were no bed bugs there in sibu.

I am tired now, did not get much sleep last night from every hour turning the airco on or off, because it only had one of 'freezing '. On Off I was baking in my bed.  I think I prefer baking a little above blowing ice cold wind.

So good evening to you my friends. Goodnight to me :-):-)


No comments:

Post a Comment